H&H Top 10 Club Shows of 2018
H&H Top 10 shows of the year: Part 2. Club
Following our Top 10 live shows (check them out here) we’ve put together our favourite Club shows of 2018 with your suggestions. From long-term radio DJs to exciting new acts, we’ve filled our weekends here with some of the best DJs around. Here’s our top 10 in no particular order.
- Gilles Peterson – In December, Leftfoot and Moodfix brought one of the UK’s most revered radio DJs to our main room. Gilles curated the perfect set, taking us from house to jazz to latin dance and back.
Gilles Peterson – photo by Ellie Koepke
- Jayda G – Canadian DJ Jayda G played here in January to a sold-out crowd, with an unforgettable mix of her signature house and eclectic disco tunes.
Jayda G – photo by Wayne Fox
- Midland – A favourite for many, Midland’s all-night long show here in October was a special set. His distinctive UK sounds came through alongside the best of leftfield pop, house and techno.
- Heritage Nights – June – Heritage have been a force to be reckoned with in Birmingham over the last few years, and their 2018 shows have been no exception. Their June event here was a proper highlight for us, with DJs spinning classic and acid house all night long and packing out V1.
Heritage June – photo by Carl Territo
- Planet V with Dillinja – Planet V have brought some exciting DnB talents to the Hare & Hounds, and Dillingja was no exception. One of the most revered DnB DJs in the UK, Dillinja’s set was a dream come true for fans who came to his set in May.
- Joy Orbison B2B with Jon K – Two of the UK’s favourite DJs played back to back here in March, spinning everything leftfield from house to techno. Orbison’s signature house sounds gelled perfectly with Jon K’s eclectic spacey curations, making for a night we still rave about.
Joy Orbison and Jon K – photo by Wayne Fox
- 2ManyDJs – after selling out in minutes, we couldn’t wait for these world-renowned DJs to play such an intimate setting. The Belgian brothers definitely did not disappoint, stunning the crowd with the musical journey they took us on, mixing between genres and generations with ease.
- Hunee – the excitement before Hunee’s sold-out set in September was one we haven’t seen in a while, and the XOYO Resident lived up to it. The roaring crowds loved every moment of his set, from the 80s obscurities, African gems through to techno and soul rarities, his curation of music was some of the most impressive we’ve seen.
Hunee – photo by Ellie Koepke
- Eclair Fifi – Courtesy of Shadow City and Leftfoot, exciting young Scottish DJ Eclair Fifi stopped by the Hare in October for an unforgettable set.
Eclair Fifi – photo by Chris Krilly
- Bruk Up October – A V2 staple night, Bruk Up have returned every couple of months to bring incredible broken beat tracks to the venue. They’ve brought some great DJs down as well as their residents, with their October show with DJs Adam Rock and For The Love coming up as a favourite for many.
Photo by Ellie Koepke
That’s it for our top 20 shows of 2018! Thanks again to everyone who’s come down to a show, we’ll see you soon for another great year and we can’t wait to bring some exciting names your way in 2019.